Sunday, July 8, 2012

HOME-MADE DOG TREATS

Today I made dog treats... at home, and from scratch! 
I have given up trying to purchase dog treats that after the third (if I’m lucky) time, my dog just turns her nose away.  She will not even try them. 
So, I thought, it’s about time I used my book on homemade dog treats. 

So far I have tried 3 recipes and ALL A HIT!!  

Amazingly easy to make and all if not most of the ingredients are found in my cupboard. I didn't even have to go shopping for special weird stuff :) At least I know what ingredients are in each treat. It’s no different than making cookies for your children. We just have to remember they are DOG TREATS! Although they'd be perfectly safe for human consumption, I'm thinking they're probably not all that appealing to our palettes!

Don’t want to heat up the house?  I found a recipe that you just freeze!! 

I am going to continue making my own dog treats from now on, and lucky you, you'll be able to buy a bag the next time you drop off your dog(s). 

No comments:

Post a Comment