Sunday, July 8, 2012

DOG AGILITY

Have you ever tried you dog in agility?  Well neither have I but I decided to try building my own dog agility course to give my dogs something new. 
What the heck right :)

Normally they get the run of the yard (I live on an acreage) and we go for walks.  Otherwise, they sit outside waiting for me to do something with them. 

So when I was forwarded this site: “How to build your own dog agility course” without spending a fortune I went for it. 

It shocked me on how relatively easy it was. 
The material can be purchased at your home building center & in the matter of a couple of hours it was done. 

I now have a teeter board, weave poles, tire jump, standard jump, & a pause table (still thinking of building the A frame jump).  The trick now is to teach my dogs – Cassie & Pooka – and the dogs I board to use them....time to put those homemade dog treats to good use!!

I am up to the CHALLENGE!

 

Just send me your dogs :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, I hope it all goes well! I've got a flat coat retriever and I've tried agility with her but if fails! What was the website you tried? Whenever I build agility courses for my dog she tears them apart.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete