Monday, August 6, 2012

New puppies!

I have not had puppies born in summer before.  What an experience!! I found it was important to set ground rules for visitors to come over - no picking them up, just looking.  Even that was enough to stress out my overprotective mother and she had decided she had enough and was trying to move them. Since my dogs know the difference between regular visitors & not so regular visitors I have been alerted MANY times on new arrivals.  This could start to drive my neighbors crazy with the barking.  The puppies are now 2 1/2 weeks old and are starting to walk.  Am still feeding Cassie (new mom) 4 times a day, brushing her out daily and ensuring she gets plenty of  exercise & time away from her babies.  In another couple of weeks the puppies will be romping around outside, get their vaccinations at 7 weeks, then new homes at 9 weeks old.  By then, I will welcome the neighborhood children over just to wear them out!!!  Puppies are a joy but only when I know they are going to safe & caring homes.

1 comment:

  1. I just can't wait to come out and play with the pups!!

    ReplyDelete