Saturday, August 18, 2012

Washing your dog - fun or dread it?

Ken's crazy pic of Pooka
I had the pleasure of having one of Pooka's puppies come back for a visit.  He is a 6 month old 9 lb ball of long white haired fur - cross between a Bischon and a Cockapoo.  Odie had a great time running in the yard, playing with the cats, saying hello to the horses in the morining and helping in the garden.  Of course one of those days it rained.  Imagine a dog black with dirt from the underbelly down and white body and head.  He was enjoying every minute of freedom but I am shaking my head.  I will have to wash him before his family returns.  I can not let him go home looking like a ragamuffin.  The problem I always had was finding a shampoo that does not dry out their skin.  My Pooka would always be itchier after than before.  Laura at Plain Jane Ink suggested I try an organic wash (orange & Pawmegranate).  Odie does not like having baths - so both of us had a bath if you get my meaning - but this shampoo really cleaned him up and did not leave any soapy residue.  I followed up with a Perky Pawppermint coat spritz.  In the end we were both clean and content.  He went home a very tired and CLEAN dog.

1 comment:

  1. Would have loved to see a pic of that dirty dog!! SOunds like you had some fun :)

    ReplyDelete